A credit card is a very easy and safe way of paying for goods and services, as you don’t need to carry cash. Our new credit cards now have the added security feature of a chip. A chip card offers you greater protection as it is difficult to make a copy of your credit card and you need a PIN to transact. Your PIN cannot be copied like your signature.
What does it offer me?
- Credit cards are widely accepted locally and internationally
- Your card is accepted anywhere you see the Visa/MasterCard sign
- A credit card gives you easy access to credit without any waiting periods
- You can have a secondary card at no extra cost
- Free basic travel insurance if you pay for international travel tickets with your card. The cover is valid for 90 days*
- If your card is lost or stolen, we will replace it free of charge. If your card is used during this time, we will cover any fraudulent purchases as long as you reported your card lost or stolen as soon as possible.This cover applies to transactions that are not PIN based
- If you plan to travel outside Botswana, please contact your nearest branch or our Customer Care Centre on +267 361 8555 to confirm international use of your credit card
- No joining fees
- Low annual fees
- Low interest rates
- Low cash advance fee if you need to withdraw cash
Note: MyUpdates is currently not available on credit cards with prefix number 4069
How much will it cost me?
|Interest rate (monthly)||32%||26%|
|Interest rate (annual)||2.66%||1.66%|
|Late payment fee||113.32||113.32|
|Cash withdrawal at local branch||18.13||18.14|
|Cash withdrawal at international branch||12.47||12.47|
|Cash withdrawal at local Stanbic ATM||2.5||2.5|
|Cash withdrawal at other local banks’ ATMs||3.4||3.4|
|Cash withdrawal at international ATM||11.87||11.87|
|Compulsory Card Protection Plan (CPP)||0.24%||0.24%|
*Terms and conditions apply
What do I need to apply?
- Be over 18 years
- Your identity document
- Proof of your regular net income of at least BWP7,000 a month
- Have had an account with us for at least six months
- Six months’ bank statements for non-Stanbic Bank customers
- Be a resident of Botswana.