A Call account is an interest-bearing account into which funds can be deposited and accessed on demand. Funds may be transferred electronically between accounts in the same name but third-party payments are not allowed. Interest rates change daily in line with market forces. Interest is calculated on your daily balance and paid every month.
What does it offer me?
- Available in US dollars, pounds sterling, euro, South African rand and Australian dollars
- Minimum account opening deposit of P10,000 is needed. You can add to your investment at any time as long as it is not less than P1,000
- For foreign currencies you need a minimum of 500 in the relevant currency
- There is no restriction on the number of transactions
- Loan facilities are available against a pledge of funds in your Call account
- You do not need to give us notice to withdraw funds from your Call account
- Your account can be used as a cash management facility, with income directed to the account to keep a high credit balance
- You can move funds to a transaction account for your everyday banking needs.
What do I need to apply?
Visit your nearest branch with the following documents:
- Typed resolution by board of directors asking to open account and stating signatories. To be signed by directors and signed and stamped by Company Secretaries
- Financial statements.
- New customers need to open a transactional account.